The Hermione stops by Toulon
The Hermione, the famous frigate owned by Marquis de La Fayette, sets sail for Toulon from 5 to 9 April 2018.
In 2018, the Hermione sets sail again, this time to the prestigious ports of the Mediterranean. On February 2, the ship cast off at the port of Rochefort, to call at La Rochelle, Tanger, Barcelona, Sète, Toulon, Marseille, Port-Vendres, Bastia, Portimao (Portugal), Pasaia (Spain), Bordeaux and return to Rochefort on June 16.
From April 5 to 9, Toulon has the honor to welcome the Hermione. More than 65m long, a weight of 1200 tons, 47m high, 25 km of rope, 17 sails and 28 guns... the frigate has something to impress! On the programme of the festivities:
- Visits of the Hermione on April 5 from 2pm to 5:30pm and on April 6, 7, 8 from 10am to 5:30pm
- Animated village and exhibitions
- The mutineer at dock: the oldest sailing ship in the French Navy
- Walks and street shows
- The Amadeus, big sailboat 1910, docked in the square of the port
- Nautical finish parade on Thursday 5th April
Don't miss this event under any circumstances! Be sure to book your parking at Q-Park Place d'Armes Le Port and Mayol-Centre car parks. Good plan if you book online: park from 9am to 7pm for 8 €.